Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Rethink

Mr. J. called me up about my entry on Dec 18th about reflections. Yeah he picked up the phone and jingled questions about my accomplishments and lack of.

Of course he does not know my answers!

Monday morning began with the news on the loss of Paul B., dispelling my delirium from the weekend.

Mr J.'s conversation sparked a mental analysis of the reflections for the year.
What did I do in 2005?

2005 is a challenging year, especially on a personal platform (no details will be released on this matter). Support from friends, distant or local, steered my over-compensating mentality to simplicity, thus clearing the clutter of confusion into clarity.

An achievement I must commend myself, especially when the tables were turned, I listened. Or may I quote George Michael, Listen without Prejudice. In some cases, read without prejudice, including Paul B.'s blog. Reading a blog may constitute listening to a person's thoughts, digesting the words in mental narration.


I am proud that I listened just as my friends listened to my trivial pursuits.


Some friends are just priceless.

They were weird strangers until given a humane chance, a chance of touch.
They are those whom I have never met or slapped a high-five.
They are proud of me as I of them, regardless of the length
of hair, personalities, Ma'am or Sir!
My strength is strangely gathered from wisdom of patient
minds.
Their experiences and patience brought more variables into the equation, which defined the solution.

On to those who have generously bestowed such gifts, I raise
my coffee cup or Salute proudly, a big Thank you.


Look at what a phone call did!!

Made me rethink!

Oops the last brain cell.


2 comments: