Sunday, December 25, 2005

1 AM Christmas morning

It is Christmas morning, At 1 am.
I am up preparing gimmicks for the little ma'ams.
Presents and cookie crumbs by the fireplace,
Last minute gift-wrapping,
And ensuring all the surprises are in place.

Then I settled down to this pc,
To read what others are saying about me.
The mouse wanders to other blogs,
Laughing at how others think this warm spell is a cold slog!

Then the poem, Semper Fi!
That still brings tears to my eyes,
No matter how many years I have read it,
Posted by this guy.

Thoughts stray to family & friends,
Where ever they are now, Where ever they are heading to.
The world will be smaller if we have Star Trek Transporters.
Cool! We can zip around in a minute or two.

Minute or two?
Maybe locally;
But somewhere in America , elsewhere overseas or Singapore,
Where ever they are, I cannot wish for more,
Merry Christmas, stay alive & well (esp F), Safe trips (esp R), so we can chat some more.
Or at least laugh at my pathetic jokes and rhymes.

A fitting close,
May I quote,
This is part of what James M. Schmidt wrote:


"But half asleep he rolled over, and in a voice clean and pure,
said “Carry on, Santa, it’s Christmas Day, all secure.”
One look at my watch and I knew he was right,
Merry Christmas my friend, Semper Fi and goodnight."

Merry Christmas to all,
And to all,
A good night.



buh humbug. (courtesy to Mr M.)
I survived Walmart today, do I get Garth Brook's hat?

Update: In honour of Paul Berkley.
Now listening to: Madonna, I'll Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment