Friday, August 24, 2007

Kia Su in Ohio

Kia Su = translated from Hokkien as "afriad of losing".

I made the sobering trip to the Red Cross today, I am running out mops.



These are 2 gallons size bleach, I just hope I have enough.

***************************************************

The sight at the Red Cross was disheartening, there were cots and clothes on tables for those who need clean clothes. I took the last "Flood Bucket" and mop. The volunteers mentionened the scene this morning where supplies were unloaded by the trailers directly to the victims, all gone with the hour.

I am still waiting on the insurance adjustor, so I can begin on the final stretch of cleanup, discarding all the soaked to the curb for trash pick-up.

Any other Singaporeans with the same experience or am I the first?

No comments:

Post a Comment