Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I Didn't Do It"

"Space ... the final frontier....,
These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise, Super Low Price ,
Its continuing mission,
To explore strange new worlds ... things in the toy aisle,
To seek out new life; new civilizations gravel for the tank,
To boldly go where no one has gone before to test my patience."

"*****, are you still getting into trouble?"
Chills, chills down the spine. As we strolled into the dreaded money mart Frontier, Walmart, I was greeted by a roar from a long time ago. I know that voice, and that person was definitely talking to me.

My immediate reply, "I did not do it, it is not my fault!"

Some things dont change, over 12 years later, this professor's roar stills gives me the jumps. Oh yeah, I had to remind him that I have spawned 2 devils, who love Star Trek, Next Generation. The link still remains Star Trek. As the conversation continued, I realized he has grown to look like the sacred .... DATA!

My professor has turned into DATA!

In the amazement, I am the only one he remembers from my class. Only a few things, either I was a real pain in the butt, a standout student, unforgetable, or all the above mentioned. Ahhhh ... all the stories and horror from many many moons ago. What I can do to my children.

Shoutout to Dr. Rider!! Hat tip, you still scare the hell out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment