Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July

Customary to this day any where in this country is FIREWORKS.

Load the car with plenty of chairs, blankets and water, then search for a good location for a bird's eye view.

As usual, we found a good parking spot, but fall short of the bird's eye view. Once again our views were obstructed by towering trees. Crank up the car radio, lift the kids to the top of the car (erhm... we have chairs in the truck). Nevertheless, the first boom of the night shook the earth as the skies glittered with colours. The kids' "ooohs" and "aaaahs" filled the skies.

My only thoughts were those in uniforms. Their doaning of their uniforms made possible this night, this night where my family and I are enjoying the spectacular view. Their vigilance made possible this night filled with "magical stars." Again on this night, I wish I am in uniform.

To those responsible, SALUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment