Monday, September 17, 2007

Up Close with an American President

My scope of American history is fairly shallow, compared to my upkeep with politics. The closest interaction with American for me is when I was 3 feet away from the Presidential bus years ago. Talk about pathetic.


Over the weekend, a treasure of the American past was discovered. Fort Meigs is located 45 minutes north nestled in metropolitan Toledo. The frustrating traffic surrounds an area rich with nature and history. This is a true fort built in 1813 to defend against CANADA. I want one in my backyard!!



The day's activities consisted of well disguised Colonial Members, dressed in uniform or elaborate dresses indicative of the era. Somehow blue jeans and cotton seemed out of place. The girls took fancy to a man in a black suit and a top hat, perhaps, his authoritarian figure enhanced his delivery.

"Four scores and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this continent
a new nation: conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all
men are created equal. "

We had too much time left, so we ventured into the gift shop too many times.

We had a close encounter with Lincoln!

I think this is her Halloween costume, a cross between Davy Crockett and a lady of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment