Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Out from the old days

Amidst my daily boring schedule as bank and bus to the kids, an email flew my way. Originating from a old friend (age wise and time wise), simply phrased as "need help". Well, true to my honour, I was on my way in no time. The last week was split between 2 cities organizing data and making magic my way. In short I must have been an impressionable student to be called on to help by a mentor. (Or I must have been 1 hell of a student. Err ... I was.) Out from the old days, an irony, a modern email from an old friend.

All that driving has put a strain on my Jeep baby. At 7 years of age, the pampered one threw a overheated fit that rendered trips to the emergency shop. A Chevrolet Malibu courtesy of Avis ( I dread the final bill) filled in as the substitute horsepower. Familiarity breeds contempt, the more spacious brand new Malibu cannot challenge the good ole Jeep. The other driver in the house is smiling while driving because he is all stre---tc----hed out. I miss the Jeep because of the need for speed when I am trying to pass the trucks at 80mph on the Interstate!!

In short I told the shop to stop teasing me. Telling me the Jeep is ready, while I had to return hours later with the same problem. That is really really heartless to pick on a self-proclaim chief prankster. My parting words to the shop, "Bye. I hope I don't have to see you again soon."

There are 3 more days of work related driving this week, we shall test the workmanship of C & S Radiator Services.

3 more days this week to make the kind of magic that I am good at, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment