Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I forgot my camera

Usually I am too eager to snap a picture or two, however this photo opportunity registered after the fact. Wrecked with blisters, pain and out of ideas, I asked the local United Way for help with debris removal.

Behold after 3 days, the phone rings and within minutes, 3 volunteers showed up. 4 pairs of hands shattered and shoveled countless floor tiles into trash bags. We also dismantled a huge entertainment center and other tasks. With the process, we exchanged some formalities. Then the wise crack lines began concocting.

"With a principal and 2 teachers here, I have the smartest house on the block.
"This is one way to get ahead in class."
"I did not learn this in school."

The level of education accumulated really did not contribute to the solution, rather the extra pairs of hands mattered the most.

To Principal Mike Wallace and his 2 accomplices, hat tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment