Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week in review

The days of the week flew by like a speedster on the interstate.

This marks the fourth week of 30 minute commutes, the exception this week is the heighten sense of traffic enforcement.

*Tuesday: the interstate were lined with Sheriffs in the median, while Highway Troopers were zipping the lanes. Containers were pulled over and contents searched.

*Wednesday: Same number of black vehicles in the median and camouflaged garbed troopers filled the void. Travelling comfortably at 65mph on the right lane, I spotted a pair of cruisers marked Trooper in my rear view mirror. Unless they have changed the speed limit, I have nothing to FEAR! Flying towards my rear, I turn to check out the white vehicle on my left. Zip, he flew like a Flash - Gordan on a jet engine. His follower, well, slowed down next to me, turned to me, waved, smiled. Hello?? Of course I waved back and smiled. He whizzed off as fast as he appeared. Here is the charmer, both have clean- shaven heads and dressed in camo. In addition the first vehicle had a shot gun leaning on the passenger side window.

*Thursday: The roads are still safe from road rage, as the interstate were lined with prying eyes shielded in cruisers marked "State Trooper". During the last afternoon commute home, I sympathize the drivers of liquid tanks, because they had a pair of flashing lights behind them while they lined the shoulders.

*Friday: Morning commute, I think I have witness all the traffic re enforcement for the week, at least I thought I had. This morning, the flashers were following any transport of heavy equipment. A loader on your trailer - pull over. Is that a bobcat? Pull-over. Do I see construction equipment? PULL OVER! Is that a donut?? Pull OVER!!
During the homeward commute, south bound traffic on I-75 reached a standstill as Sheriffs made arrests. I was zipping past at 70 mph, watching a few drivers spread over the hood of a law enforcement vehicle.

I was just glad to hit the local traffic laden with 90 year old who cannot see the dash board in front of them, or little matchbox cars with too loud exhaust systems with top speeds of 40 mph. Traffic where they can hear you while you use special names.

*Saturday: Shopping. Shopping and more deals to be found. We found a great deal on 6 piece lauggage set for $40.00 instead of the $160.00 original sticker. Of course when we got home, R** said we should return for another set. Erh..... when are we going on vacation? Perhaps, where are we going?

No comments:

Post a Comment