Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What's wrong with these people?

What's wrong with these people on a death watch? Counting the dead? Lives sacrificed for the Liberty of the calculator? Smash has his piece.
Why they are staying in the Guard: 1st Lt. Bruce Bishop, 31, a Salt Lake County firefighter, said he'll stay "because as I look around at the state of this nation and see all of the weak little pampered candy-asses that are whining about this or protesting that, I'd be afraid to leave the fate of this nation entirely up to them." Bishop, who served in Afghanistan, is among the 450 Utah Guard members deployed to Louisiana. Most are volunteers.

Someone said to me last week, "America is always helping others, why aren't other countries helping us out in the same manner?" My reply, "This only shows that America has a bigger heart."

My take on my children joining the military, is simply that they will see the world I cannot show. Most of all, poverty. Let's face it, our children are very fortunate and spoilt. Trying to explain liberty and democracy in the TV age, forget it! Discipline? Clearing the dining table is a battle already. Someday I will really like to say I spanked the butt
am a proud parent of an American Soldier. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment