Monday, September 11, 2006

6 degrees of Separation

For 5 years I had to explain the events of 9/11 to young ears.
For 5 years, I get mad that someone messed with MY New York City.
For 5 years, I realized that travelling is a lost cause.

For 2 years my children and I have volunteered at a Healing Field, posting flags while I try to instill the honour in those flags and their mission in life.

For about 6 degrees of separation, a theory that some people dispute, we are affected by 9/11/2001.
Vincent Gerard Halloran left 5 boys on September 11, 2001. His wife discovered she was pregnant September 12, 2001, later delivered a healthy baby girl.
His name is engraved on the missile designated for OBL.

You see, my childrens' cousins' Uncle is Vincent Gerard Halloran, Ladder 8, NYFD.

Stand tall. American Citizen or not, the world changed.

We will never forget, falter or FORGIVE.

Get them boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment