Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On this day,

On this day ....
* NASA scrubbed a significant launch due to safety concerns. (What a bummer)
* we saw fireworks in the brilliant colours of Red, White & Blue.
* I thought of those to thank so I may stand there with my children watching the fireworks.
* I thanked in my heart those who defend Liberty, regardless of country.
* I again contemplated defending liberty, Semper Fi. (Kids still protest my decision.)
* I thought of 9/11.
* I thought of 7/7.
* I thought of President Bush's address on September 21, 2001 before a Joint Congress.
"We will never falter, forgive, forsake or forget."
* I thanked many and name a few:
Fredmeister, Paul Berkley, Deuce Four, LCdr Smash, Blackfive, Michael Yon,
POTUS, NASA,
*I thanked the recruiter who said I was too old to enlist. I continue my contribution, I pay taxes and shop more.
*I also included those who believed in me, the one who gave me the "last kick in the butt" & his brother,
*My inspirations, My children, Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Mikhail Gorbachev (surprise? recall Perestroika?), Lech Walesa, Lee Kwan Yew, Noel Barber, Ava Gardner. My grandma.

There are some things in life that are priceless, the rest ..... er .... cash or credit?

On this day, go thank a soldier, or just email a milblog.
I know of one, Salute! Fred.
Okay, I know of 2. Hat tip, the youngest J. Brother.

2 comments:

  1. Little J brother says thanks!he heads to advanced infantry training in a couple weeks,believe me we don't take our freedom for granted!! Mr. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and cool Fredmeister!
    Proud of you, Little J Brother.

    ReplyDelete